Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's sept:(

So, like every other teacher in the world, I feel this is the week of reckoning:) Work starts next week and Although I will not be joining my fellow educators I feel that same doom, excitement "man, this summer went fast" feeling:) I guess this summer has been so great due to all the company I have had and now that everyone is going back to work I'm sad and feeling like I have a long winter ahead of me....

This past winter I did not get out of the house much at all..I found it very difficult to pack up two infants and travel anywhere there wasn't an extra adult around to help out....Now that the boys are bigger I'm hoping to get out, join a class, meet some more moms, etc...... People always would say, well I had kids a couple years apart, i hauled them around etc....For those of you out there in that situation, let me tell you...It's not the same...Now, I'm not saying it's easier or harder, just not like having two babies that need to be carried around everywhere....Which brings me to the point of today's blog.

Interestingly enough, I will now know how that feels. Under normal circumstances both my boys would be getting more mobile, crawling and in the next couple of months walking around the house....I will not experience this due to Andrew's impediment....Now Jesse crawls around the room, and Andrew plays with his toys...soon, I will be able to take Jesse by the hand and help him navigate through the world from his three foot high bird's eye view while I hoist Andrew back up onto my hip....i find this so ironic as I have been telling people throughout the boys lives that twins are just different to care for especially in their infant stage. Who knew I'd get to experience both sides of this coin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment